International Students who seek to study at Trinity Bible College must meet the following criteria and submit the appropriate forms.
Here is important information for obtaining a student visa:
- Students must be able to understand and use the English language fluently
- They must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if their national language is not English. Forms are needed
- They must provide official records verifying completion of secondary education equivalent to an American high school diploma. Applicants are encouraged to attend Bible schools in their own country prior to applying for Trinity.
- They must provide evidence of adequate financial resources with which to fund their educational expenses. (We use Certification of Finances by College Scholarship Service.) Applicants are required to place an advance deposit to cover tuition, fees, and room & board for one year, as well as funds to cover return air fare in case of emergency.To become eligible for transfer to TBC from another American college, approval must be obtained from the previous school attended and U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- You must be a citizen of the United States to qualify for federal financial aid. Due to this fact, we would first encourage you to avail yourself of all educational facilities in your own country before seeking admission to an American institution.
- After acceptance by the college, international students must have one semester’s tuition and living costs deposited with TBC before a Certificate of Eligibility (for nonimmigrant “F-1” Student Status – Form I-20) is issued.
- Trinity does not have an international student scholarship fund and is unable to assist you with the large financial burden you would be undertaking. You are required to have on deposit, in a United States bank, at least 20,000 U.S. dollars, for your first year of attendance, and also have a firm plan for supplying the same amount during the following three years before being considered for admission to Trinity. You would also need funds on deposit to cover return air fare in case of emergency.
- Other requirements must also be met in order to be accepted for admission. Please read these thoroughly before going any further. After you have read the requirements, if you feel that you can meet each one, then feel free to contact us to begin the admission process. Be sure that you can meet each requirement before you request an Application for Admission in order to avoid being denied admission because requirements could not be met.