Dr. Carol Alexander -
Dr. Carol Alexander
- Senior Lecturer at Mattersey Hall, Course Leader for BA in Christian Leadership, Mattersey, England – July 2004 to December 2011.
- Teaching on the Master of Arts Missional Leadership Program UK – 2005 to 2011.
- Doctor of Ministry supervision – 2010 to 2013.
- Senior Lecturer at Africa School of Missions and Course Leader for Counseling and Pastoral Ministries – 1984 to 1994.
- Lecturer at Strikeforce Ministry Training Institute, Australia - 1994 to 2000.
- Board member, Africa School of Missions, South Africa.
- Board member of Prepare International (NFP).
- Former Director, Asian Outreach, South Africa
- Former Board member, Hands@Work, UK.
- Former Women’s Ministries Director, Brisbane North District, Australia.
About: Carol is married to Paul - they have lived on four continents and served God passionately together for thirty-seven years of their married lives. They have led thriving churches in the UK, Johannesburg and Australia. They pioneered the Africa School of Missions in 1985 and today graduates of that College serve in over 50 nations around the world.
Carol is a motivational speaker and preaches at Conferences and Leadership seminars around the world. She currently serves as the Director of the Graduate School at Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, North Dakota and has developed the innovative program MA (Missional Leadership). Her Ph.D was a cutting edge piece of Practical theology that concentrated on Christian leadership with a focus on cultural shifts, changing authority structures and moral ambiguities in contemporary society.
Carol and Paul have two children both resident in the USA. Anna is married to Rich and resides in Charlotte, North Carolina. They have two children Ava and Tylan. Jason, their son lives in Los Angeles, California. They are an extremely close-knit family and love spending time together.
Jordan Nowell - Athletic Director
MA in Secondary Education-Sports Administration- East Central University
BA in Elementary Education, Minor in Coaching and Biblical Studies- Trinity Bible College
About: Originating from Tulare, South Dakota, I grew up with my parents and three brothers. In 2008, I married Rachael Nowell, whom I met while attending Trinity Bible College. I played four years of basketball and was named Northern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference most valuable player my senior year as apart of the 2006 North Central Region Champion and National qualifying team. I still hold Trinity's career steals record and remain in the top ten for points scored, rebounding and assists.
In the spring of 2007, I was hired as the Head Men's basketball coach and have been named three-time Conference Coach of the Year and 2012 North Central Region Coach of the Year. I achieved my 100th career win in 2013.
Phyllis Kuno - Director of Library
M.S., Library and Information Science, University of North Texas, Denton, TX
B.A., Biblical Studies and Pre-Counseling Minor, Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND
Library Director, Southeast Technical Institute, Sioux Falls, SD – September 2008-July 2013
Library Director, Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND – September 1995-August 2007
Former Children’s Pastor, First Assembly of God, Gillette, WY
Former Wyoming Women’s Ministries District Officer
Former Ellendale School Board, Ellendale, ND
Former/Current North Dakota Library Coordinating Council
Former South Dakota Women’s Ministries Sectional Representative
About: Phyllis is married to Daniel and together they have served as youth pastors, associate pastors, college faculty, and senior pastors for the past thirty-eight years. Their son, Kerry, daughter, Danielle, and son-in-law, Derrick, have blessed them with six grandchildren: Jersie, Dominic, Drayton, Drayána, Dylon, and Davin. Danielle and Derrick live outside of Moline, IL and Kerry resides in Ellendale, ND.
Phyllis is currently directing the library and teaching English Composition at Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, ND.
Dr. Scott Townsend - Assistant Director of Graduate Studies
Dr. Scott Townsend
Ph. D. Organizational Leadership, Education, Northcentral University
M.A. Crown College
B.A. Biblical Studies/Ministerial, Trinity Bible College
- Admissions Counselor, Trinity Bible College, 2001-2006
- Faculty, Trinity Bible College, 2006-2008
- Distance Education Director, 2008-2012
- President’s Executive Assistant, 2012-2013
- Assistant V.P. Academics/Director of Assessment, 2013-present
- Board member, New Life Assembly of God, Ellendale, ND
- Committee Member, Ellendale, ND
About: Scott is married to Ginger. They have four children. Three girls and one boy. Two of their children are currently studying with Trinity Bible College. The other two are in high school and 1st grade. They have lived peacefully in Ellendale for 13 years.
Scott is a licensed pastor with the Assemblies of God. He has spoken at several youth leadership conferences encouraging a more integrated youth ministry with the parent church. He currently serves as the Assistant V.P. of Academics and Director of Assessment at Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, North Dakota. His PhD is in the realm of leading postmodern students in a higher education context.
Daryel Erickson - Director of Distance Education
Director of Distance Education, Assistant Professor of Intercultural Studies
Jordy Nunez - Dean of Students
BA Intercultural Studies & Biblical Studies at Trinity Bible College
- Director of Pack Your Bags Program- Trinity Bible College
- Resident Director of Men's Dorms- Trinity Bible College
- Missions Coordinating
About: Jordy is the middle child of a family of 13 children. He grew up in a Dominican household in Miami, Florida. In the inner-city, Jordy did not live according to God’s standards until he moved to Minnesota and was radically changed by God and called to missions. He then wholeheartedly pursued a deeper relationship with God and was led to Trinity Bible College. There he studied missions and led the missions team at the college for three years, taking them on several missions trips around the world. Today, Jordy and his beautiful wife, Elizabeth, direct the PackYourBags program. There they mentor and teach students about their identity and call from God through classes and missions trips. Jordy and Elizabeth’s goal is to become full time missionaries taking Jesus to unreached peoples.
Dr. Michael Bommarito - Chair, Biblical and Theological Studies
Dr. Michael Bommarito
Ph.D., Teaching and Learning: Higher Education, University of North Dakota.
M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California.
B.A., University of California, Irvine.
- State Chapter Coordinator, Children’s Advocacy Centers of North Dakota, Bismarck, ND: 2010-2013
- Director of Operations, The God’s Child Project, Bismarck, ND: 2009-2010
- Executive Director, North Dakota Republican Party, Bismarck, ND: 2008
- Director of Operations and Development, The Salvation Army, Bismarck, ND: 2004-2008
- Country Director for Hungary, Church Resource Ministries, Budapest, Hungary, 1994-2003
- Rotary International
- The Salvation Army
- Joy International
- Welcome House
About: Dr. Michael Bommarito grew up in Southern California and received his Masters of Divinity from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena. Following six years of pastoral experience in the United Methodist Church, he and his wife, Kate, followed God’s leading to Budapest, Hungary with Church Resource Ministries (CRM). As Country Director for CRM he led an international staff focused on training Hungarians in leadership development, church planting and church revitalization.
After 10 years of service in Hungary, he and his family moved to Bismarck, North Dakota, where he led several non-profit organizations. Michael earned his Ph.D. in Teaching and Learning: Higher Education with an emphasis on theological education and leadership development from the University of North Dakota.
Michael and Kate have two sons, Drew and Matthew, both of whom were born in Hungary. The Bommaritos have traveled broadly including five continents and 18 countries. Michael has a passion to see the Body of Christ equipped for ministry that results in the nations being reached with the message of Jesus Christ.
Rev. Ben McIntosh - Chair, Business Administration Department
Rev. Ben T. McIntosh
- Assistant Professor of Business 2011-PresentTrinity Bible College, Ellendale, North Dakota
- Senior Pastor 2008-2011 Bridge of Life Christian Center, St. Augustine, Florida
- Vice President/Branch Manager 2005-2008 Watson Realty Corp, Palatka, Florida
- Associate Pastor 2002-2005 Victory Christian Center, San Mateo, Florida
- Director of Youth and Contemporary Worship1999-2002 First Christian Church, Lufkin, Texas
- Assembly of God Ministerial License – Active 2008-Present
- Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA )2011-Present
- National Business Education Association (NBEA) 2011-Present
- Florida Real Estate Broker License 2005-Present
About: I am a passionate, organized, and strategic thinker who looks to get the best out of those I work with and for. I consider myself to be a visionary leader and am not afraid to put a little sweat equity into achieving established goals. I’m also a firm believer in advancing the Kingdom of God by demonstrating servant-leadership.
Roland Dudley - Chair, Intercultural Studies Department
Michael Land - Chair, Music
M.M., B.M. - Lee University
Michael has had musical experience in a wide variety of areas. As a pianist, he has performed as a collaborative musician, accompanist, and a soloist. Within the church, he has been involved leading musical worship and conducting choral groups. As an educator, Michael has taught music courses and piano lessons at the collegiate level for three years, and he has taught private piano lessons for ten years.
About: Michael began teaching at Trinity in the fall of 2013. Recently married, he and his wife Rachel enjoy good sushi, being outside, and reading. They both love competition and hate losing whether it be in a game of basketball or board games.
Justin Gibson - Chair, General Education Department
Chair, General Education Department, Assistant Professor of History
M.S., Education, Southwest Minnesota State University
B.S., Education-English, Black Hills State University
B.A., Biblical Studies & Ministerial, Trinity Bible College
Faculty/ Adjunct Instructors
Ph.D. studies in Systematic Theology with secondary focus in Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School at Trinity International University
M.Div. with Theology focus, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
B.S. in Pastoral Ministry, minor in Missions, Valley Forge Christian College
A.S. in Engineering Science, Genesee Community College
- Attends conferences such as the A/G Educators Conference and the Society for Pentecostal Studies.
- Attends A/G District events such as Minister’s Enrichment and District Council.
- Participant in the ACTS 2 journey with the local church.
- Youth Soccer Coach
- Royal Rangers Outpost Commander
- Church Board Member
- Short-term Missions Trips
About: Aaron was raised in New York on a dairy farm before pursuing his education. He has enjoyed the opportunity to live in North Dakota for the past 13 years. His wife, Karen, was raised in New York City before pursuing her education, and has enjoyed the more holistic lifestyle offered by the upper Midwest region. They have four school-age children. The family enjoys outdoor activities, such as running, hunting, and gardening; and loves participating in local church life.
Rev. Larry Gunther
Rev. Larry Gunther
D.Min., Assemblies of God Theological Seminary 2011
M.A., Biblical Literature, Assemblies of God Theological Seminary 1993
B.A., Bible and Pastoral Studies, North Central Bible College 1973
B.A., Bible and Christian Education, North Central Bible College 1973
- North Dakota District Family Camp Bible teacher 2011, 2012
- Ordained Minister with The General Council of the Assemblies of God
- 23 years pastoral experience prior to Trinity
- 11 years pastoral experience while at Trinity
- 7 years pulpit supply in Assemblies of God, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Church of Christ, and Congregational churches
- Kulm Ambulance Service—EMT—4 years
- Ellendale Community Ambulance Service—EMT—12 years; driver—4 years
About: Married to Valerie Loven Gunther, November 25, 1972, Four children: Andrew (Jenna), Rachelle (Charles Lang), Sara, Micah (Jill)
One step-granddaughter—Samantha; four granddaughters—Aalexis, Sophie, Tressa, Lauryan; one grandson--Gunnar.
M.A., Counseling, Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
M.A., Marriage and Family Therapy, Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
B.A., Youth Ministries, Minor in Music, Central Bible College
- 1984 to 1992 – Teen Challenge Ministries – women’s supervisor, curriculum supervisor, and parental supervisor
- 2006 to 2011 – Kidz Ark (child and youth residential rehab), Sterling, CO – provisionally licensed therapist for residents and their families
- 2011 to present – Trinity Bible College in Ellendale, ND – psychology professor
- Highly involved in local church ministry in area of counseling thru the campus and area churches
- Addictions Recovery Counselor (part-time volunteer) for 12-step program in Aberdeen, SD
About: Cyndie has been married for 22 years to the love of her life, Stephen, who has been in small-town pastoral ministry. They have two daughters, Stephanie (17) and Amanda (14), and the family feels very happy and blessed to live in a town with the atmosphere of Ellendale.
- Have taught for two years as Adjunct Professor at Trinity Bible College
- YMCA basketball tournaments
About: My family and I reside in Aberdeen, SD where I am on staff at Aberdeen First Assembly of God. I have been there for over 13 years. I have a wife and 4 kids, ranging in age from 18 to 9. I enjoy playing basketball, softball, and exercising at the YMCA. I enjoy reading professionally, and also non-fiction for fun.
- Girls Basketball Coach 2009-Present- Trinity Bible College
- Faculty - 2012-Present- Trinity Bible College
Sara Best - Registar
- Taught secondary school science in diverse cultural and socio-economic American settings; 2007-2012
- Academic Dean and Lecturer, Africa School of Missions, South Africa; 1990-2007
- Church Planter / Pastor, Hillsview Christian Fellowship, South Africa; 1990-2004
About: Shortly after Sara gave her heart to the Lord at the age of 14, she learned that there were places in the world where people didn’t know about the Lord Jesus. Her response was, “I guess I better go.” That started her on a lifelong commitment to missions. She served in South Africa for 20 years in missions training and pastoral ministry. After returning to the USA she had the opportunity to experience missions in the workplace as a science teacher in public and charter schools.
Currently Sara is serving at Trinity Bible College in Ellendale, North Dakota as the administrator of the graduate school program and Associate Professor in Inter-cultural Studies. Sara has recently commenced PhD studies in Inter-cultural Studies at the Assembly of God Theological Seminary in Springfield, MO
Dr. Brad Tennant
Dr. Brad Tennant
2007 University of South Dakota - Ed.D: History Education
2003 University of North Dakota - MA: History
1987 Northern State University - MAT: Social Sciences
1983 Northern State University - BS: Secondary Education (Social Science) Minor: History
- 2010-present Associate Professor of History (tenured 2008)
- South Dakota State Historical Society (President)
- Brown County Historical Society (Vice President)
- Aberdeen/Brown County Landmarks Commission (Secretary)
About: Dr. Brad Tennant is an Associate Professor of History from Aberdeen, South Dakota and serves as an adjunct professor at Trinity Bible College. In addition to his teaching assignments, Tennant is an active researcher, writer, and presenter on a variety of state and regional topics. Dr. Tennant serves on the Board of Trustees of the South Dakota State Historical Society, where he currently is the president of the Board. He is also a member of several other national, state, and local historical organizations. Tennant and his wife, Brigid, live in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
Assistant Professor of History
Assistant Professor of Business / Biblical and Theological Studies
Ph.D. Studies, Information Science and Learning Technologies with emphasis in Philosophy, Missouri University
M.S.Ed., Instructional Systems Technology, Indiana University
M.A., Biblical Studies, Global University
Graduate Studies, Linguistics, University of North Dakota
B.A., Biblical Studies and Global Studies, Trinity Bible College
- Instructor in Information Science and Learning Technologies, Missouri University – 2012-2014
- Manager of the Digital Media Zone, Missouri University – 2013-2014
- Instructor of Graphic Design and Information Technologies, Stephens Henager College – 2011-2012
- Interaction Designer, Digital Humanities Commons at Missouri University – 2013-Present
- Web / Instructional Design Consultant – 2007-Present
- Youth / Worship Pastor, 6 years
Peer Reviewed Publications:
Xing, X., Wadholm, R., Petakovic, E., & Goggins, S. (2015). Group learning assessment in CSCL: Developing a theory-informed analytics. Educational Technology & Society, 18(2), 110-128.
Kwon, S., Wadholm, R., & Carmody, L. (2014). Assessing competencies: An evaluation of ASTD’s Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) designation. Evaluation & Program Planning, 44, 48-58.
Xing, W., Wadholm, R., & Goggins, S. (2014). Learning analytics in CSCL with a focus on assessment: An exploratory study of theory-informed cluster analysis. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (pp. 59-67). Indianapolis, IN: ACM.
Wadholm, R., Early, Z. & Larsen, C. (2013). Assessing the Pedagogical Usability of a Digital Resource Sharing Library. In T. Bastiaens & G. Marks (Eds.), Proceedings of the World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2013 (pp. 208-214). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Wadholm, R. (2009). The world is open. Educational Technology Research & Development, 57(3), 411-412.
Wadholm, R. (2014). Cognitive penetration of Pentecostal hermeneutics. Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Xing, W., Wadholm, R., & Goggins, S. (2014). Assessment analytics in CSCL: An exploratory study of activity-informed method. Poster presented at the International Conference of the Learning Sciences.
Gibson, T., & Wadholm, R. (2014). The Greek key: New technologies for the analysis of rhetorical figures in classical and biblical texts. International Meeting of the Society for Biblical Literature.
Wadholm, R. (2013). Distributed expertise: From learning networks to open knowledge communities. 3rd Annual Ed Tech Conference, MMA.
Wadholm, R. (2010). Free and open – Web 2.0 and the extension of Pentecostal education. Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Wadholm, R. (2007). The role of experience in the interpretation of miracle narratives in Lucan literature. Proceedings of the 36th Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies.
About: Bob has a wife, Grace, and one daughter, Emily. He loves to discuss philosophy, to do theology, and to play with technology. His current research interests include developing a philosophy of open knowledge (his dissertation topic), hermeneutics, and analytics. He is an active member of the Society of Christian Philosophers, the Society of Biblical Literature, the Society for Pentecostal Studies, and the Association for the Advancement of Computers in Education.