Assistant Professor of Elementary Education
Serving since 2007
Department: Elementary Education
Phone Number: 701.349.5761
Box Number: 10
Email: Click here.
M. S. Ed. Montana State University-Northern: 2001
B.A., Elementary Education and Biblical Studies Trinity Bible College, Ellendale ND: 1993
Elementary school teacher, 4 years
Middle/high school teacher, 3 years
Substitute teacher, 4 years
Grant Coordinator (2 yrs)
Professional Development Instructor (4 yrs)
Asst. Professor, Chair – Trinity Bible College (6 yrs. 2 yrs.)
Current Courses Taught:
Social Studies in the Elementary School
Foundations of Education
Creative Arts in the Elementary School
Math in the Elementary School
Health and PE in the Elementary School
Culturally Diverse Practicum
- Where are you from originally?
- Auburn NY, grew up in Harlem, MT
- Where have you traveled?
- All across the US, Canada, and Jamaica
- What are your hobbies?
- Reading, exercising, traveling, playing with my kids, and cooking.
- What kind of food do you like?
- All kinds! I love trying new things!
- What is your favorite book, movie, song, or television show?
- I have so many favorite books I don't know where to start. My recent favorite is How to Be a Brilliant Teacher by Trevor Wright. I also love children's books and cookbooks.
- Are you involved in any community service?
- At present I am busy with my family, job, and ministry. I do open up my Aerobics class to anyone interested in keeping fit and staying healthy.
- Why did you come to Trinity Bible College to teach?
- I came first as a student and wanted to share my love for teaching and learning with other the way I learned it from my teachers.
- Why are you passionate about the subject you teach? What do you hope to achieve in your field?
- I want my students to learn how to share their love for learning and working hard with their students. I love teaching! I want others to truly experience the joy and growth!
- What kind of research have you done in the past, present, or planning to do in the future?
- I have done research in mentorship. I have looked at how growth is attained in that relationship. I plan on doing more.
- What has been the most memorable moment of your career so far?
- I have had the privilege of returning to two schools where I was a student at to then serve as a teacher. I was able to teach alongside those who taught me. It was an enlightening experience. It allowed me to see education from various perspectives.
- What advice do you have fro incoming and potential students?
- Take hold of your college experience and fully enjoy it! This is a time when you are learning who you are, and how you are going to be professionally. Take advantage of every opportunity, don’t shy away from challenges they are where your most important growth occurs.