Registrar External Studies
Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies
Serving since 2012
Department: Academic Records
Phone Number: 701.349.5785
Box Number: 23
Email: Click here.
MA, Columbia International University, Columbia, SC: 2002
BTh Honors, University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa: 1998
BA Honors, University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa: 1995
Licentiate, Africa School of Missions, White River, South Africa: 1990
BS, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA: 1984
Faculty and later Academic Dean, Africa School of Missions, White River, South Africa: 16 years
Church planter / pastor, Hillsview Christian Fellowship, White River, South Africa: 14 years
Other missionary experience: 4 years
Science teacher: 6 years
Current Courses Taught:
Preparing to live Interculturally
Senior Seminar; Intercultural Studies
Area Studies; Africa
- Where are you from originally?
- Where have you traveled?
- Around the USA
South Africa: Mozambique, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia
- What are your hobbies?
- Reading, walking the dog
- What kind of food do you like?
- Mexican, Chinese, and all things chocolate
- What is your favorite book, movie, song, or television show?
- I love all things Star Gate, Star Trek, and Dr. Who
- Why did you come to Trinity Bible College to teach?
- I came to Trinity to be a part of training the next generation of Christian missionaries
- Why are you passionate about the subject you teach? What do you hope to achieve in your field?
- As a teenager I first learned there were people in the world who did not know about Christ and could not learn about Him unless someone went. My response was , “ I guess I better go.” I served for 20 years in Africa and now I am multiplying myself as I help prepare men and women who will go to places I have never been and accomplish so much more than I could ever do myself.
- What kind of research have you done in the past, present, or planning to do in the future?
- Master's Thesis: An evaluation of the effectiveness of the missions program at Africa School of Missions for training missionaries.
- What has been the most memorable moment of your career so far?
- Seeing the fruit of my labor when I hear back from students who I helped train, now serving throughout Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- What advice do you have for incoming and potential students?
- Participate enthusiastically in all areas of college life. Stretch yourself intellectually by studying a variety of areas. Think deeply about all you see, hear and read. Establish habits of spiritual discipline and life long learning. Expand your relational worldview by befriending diverse people.